Mumbai University (Bsc IT)
IPR & Cyber Laws (ITLAP) October 2010, Semester 6Con. 4654 (c)-10.
[Total Marks: 100]N. B. (1) Question No 1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four from Question Nos. 2 to 7.
(3) Make suitable assumptions wherever necessary and state the assumption made.
(4) Answer to the same question must be written together.
(5) Numbers to the right indicate marks.
(6) Draw neat labelled diagram where necessary.
1. (a) What are the five levels to a product? --- (5 Marks)
(b) What is software piracy? State all types of software piracy? Explain any four types. --- (5 Marks)
(c) State and explain the different types of Intellectual Property Rights. --- (5 Marks)
(d) What are the rules that should be considered when deciding whether or not a particular use of an author’s work is a fair use? --- (5 Marks)
2. (a) What is Infringement of Copyright? What are the general principles considered to find out Infringement of copyright? ---(8 Marks)
(b) What is Innovation? Explain Procedure, People, Process and Product Innovation. --- (8 Marks)
(c) Write a note on the Legislations covering Intellectual Property Rights in India. --- (4 Marks)
3. (a) What can be patented? State and explain the conditions to be satisfied by an invention to be patentable. ---(8 Marks)
(b) What is Linking? Explain Surface Linking and Deep Linking? Discuss twp cases related to Linking. --- (8 Marks)
(c) What are the procedures for acquiring and registering software? --- (4 Marks)
4. (a) What are the rights conferred by Trademark? --- (8 Marks)
(b) What is Branding? What are the essential characteristics of good brand? --- (8 Marks)
(c) What are the types of uses that are usually deemed fair uses? --- (4 Marks)
5. (a) Discuss the Information Technology Act 2000? How is the authentication of documents done? --- (8 Marks)
(b) What is a Non- Compete Agreement? Discuss the factors on which its enforcement depends. --- (8 Marks)
(c) What is the Trademark? What are its functions and essential features? --- (4 Marks)
6. (a) “Companies manage their Intellectual capital into two sets viz, Product and Process Companies, Service Companies”. Comment. --- (8 Marks)
(b) What are the steps involved in forming a Non- Profit Corporation? Explain. --- (8 Marks)
(c) In terms of patent application, explain the stage of Filing in detail. --- (4 Marks)
7. (a) Write a note on the following explaining its purpose, advantages and disadvantages:--- (8 Marks)
(c) State and Explain in Detail the characteristics of Copyright. --- (4 Marks)